Greenwood Community Centre was the first school opened in Hampton Hill in 1860 and later served as the church hall. It was extensively renovated, modernised and reopened in 1993. Today it is an attractive and modern building.
The Centre is the headquarters of Hampton & Hampton Hill Voluntary Care, a charity and company limited by guarantee. The charity was set up in 1994 and is a thriving organisation which runs Greenwood Community Centre on behalf of the Hampton Fund (previously known as Hampton Fuel Allotments Charity).
Greenwood Centre Community offers two well appointed rooms, a large hall and a coffee bar at affordable rates to local community groups and local people for business, recreational, health and education purpose as well as social events and celebrations. There are restrictions on some events.